Sunday, November 19, 2006

Veggie-Bus Conversion continued

Once we removed the tank and emptied it of diesel, it was time to clean it. We scraped the outside of the tank, and brushed on a strong basic soap. After letting that sit we power washed the tank. For the inside, we put two gallons of muriatic acid, sealed up the tank, and rolled it over, and over, and end over ended it for a while to coat the interior. We then drained the tank, rinsed it, and put a gallon of Ospho in it and did the rolling and over ending again. Ospho converts rust to black primer, and we hope it will help protect the tank. The next step is to install the heat exchanger. I removed and tested the fuel sender, and it's right on the money. Pics can be found in our photo album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home